Sunday, April 6, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday


Today I stand in the "south acres". The ground has been freshly "disked". We are prepping the ground for a 'rockin' cornfield this year. Gonna find ways to keep the deer out and we have an idea for some recycled irrigation. I also went to see a badger hole that hubster had filled in that was right at the corner of our field. It has stayed covered for two days now, so it could have been the badger's backdoor. We think we know where he lives. Our dachshund Hasty Herman, found his den once before. It is in the side of a hill under some tree roots. We don't let him go there anymore. That would be devastating.

Then, I walked around our property. It's nice to be able to step off the path and walk into the woods or the 'wild' without mud or snow or "ticks". I am sure the latter will arrive soon, it's getting warmer every day.
Here is an old oil can I drug out of the "pushed over" farm items from the people who farmsteaded this place.

It's very cool. There are several other interesting things underneath the fallen trees that spark my interest.
Then I went to my neighbors and photographed some of the farm animals. I love watching them. The roosters are now kept out of the hen house. They are too mean.

Four Roosters - on the outside looking in!

The cows are all out to pasture so couldn't photo them right now and the horse was eating breakfast.

Doc - the horse.

But Jasmine's little calico cat friend was there. He is such a little cutie. Then I saw some feral cats that I hadn't seen before. There will be kittens soon according to one's very plump tummy. I have so many photos on my disk, I better clear it off onto a CD today. I want things to green up so the photos won't be so drab. Come on Spring! We're waiting, but not as patiently as before.

"Where I Stand Sunday" is posted weekly. It helps chronicle the "journey". Too often we take for granted where we stand and where we are involved. Used as a "vehicle" for journaling and a glance at "human geography", I; along with several others; note this day, in this way. I invite you to check "them" out, their blog addresses are in the sidebar to the right, to compare and contrast the human events of Sunday in different parts of the country and maybe the globe! If you would like to join in please leave a comment below with your blog address and we will note it in our sidebar! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!