Saturday, January 10, 2009

When Life Happens

About 3 days of no painting...several things that took the time away. The good thing is I am now a member of the Prairie Winds Art Center in Grand Island, Nebraska. That's a 91 mile drive, one way. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there. But - I needed to expand my horizons - in a regional sense and decided to start here. The members are VERY nice and friendly people! It will be a good fit! Here are some photos of what you see when you go there, and if you are in the area, I suggest you visit the gallery - it's very cool!

The street view at 112 W. 3rd St.. The building has been many businesses over the years. It has a nice antique interior.

This is what you see as you walk in the door.


The Member Show started on Wednesday. You can see my "Harness" painting on this stand!


Because I am new, I have a space on the wall near the back...gotta start somewhere. But as you walk around, you can see my art from most spots in the gallery because it is straight back from the entrance door.

Had to go the other direction on Thursday to get our car looked at and have some maintenance done. Here is the sunrise over Waconda Lake on the way. It was breathtaking!


4 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

That's a nice sunset.. If you put the silos or such in the fore ground, you'd have a painting waiting.

Fibra Artysta said...

That's wonderful Pattie! You are such an inspiration. :)

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Congrats Pattie on the new connection with the Art Center. Great to see your work posted in their gallery. Love the sunset view and so expansive. I'm still plugging away at rearranging and organizing my studio, no paintings but I've been doing some drawing. Hope you'll find some time to paint soon.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks everybody! I am excited to be in the gallery! The sunrise does lend itself to a painting, Mark. Those clouds would be very fun! Maybe I will make a new goal of working on painting 'cloud formations' one month this year.
I am ready to clean up the clutter in my studio and should really get to it, Victoria! You inspired me to do so.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!