Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where I Stand Sunday


When we moved to this farmstead house about 3 1/2 years ago, the only heat it had was a stand alone wall heater in the kitchen. Wanting to bring it up to current times, we had central heat installed.  Several of the heat vents have diffusers on them.  Herman, our oldest dachshund, visits this one vent by the door for his EXTRA heat need.  You can find him here on many a cold day...and more so this week. Most mornings have been near or below zero.  One has to watch him carefully, as he has a back leg that literally freezes up outside...he stalls where he stands, which causes you to rush out to pick him up and bring him back inside quickly. Anyway, I can't imagine how the people in this house, ever survived without "full" house heat - it has been on almost non-stop for weeks.  The old heater is now in the studio, and does it 's thing just fine! Going there soon.  Take care and hopefully we'll all see more warmth this week!
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks like a sweetheart! Hope it warms up for ya'll soon.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!