Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where I Stand Sunday

Getting ready to 'show' your work (many pieces) is an orchestration of prep work.  Many pieces (oil paintings) needed a coat of varnish.  I usually wait a lengthy drying time before I final coat my paintings, although it's not always possible.  Many needed to be placed in frames, some had to be removed from frames to be fixed, as the pastel dusted down onto the mat - that is the most frustrating one of all. Transporting to and fro, doesn't help.  I wish to get back to the easel more this week.
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's been a bit since I last visited.....
Love the new header!

"I feel your pain" when it comes to prepping pieces for a show. It's one of the main reasons why I switched to oils from pastels.

To backtrack, also really like the "Just Another Sunny Day" piece. A simple bust pose, but cool composition of values!

Good luck in the show!!!

Pattie Wall said...

I hear ya Tracy - and although it's awhile before oils dry and then you can varnish them with a clear conscience, it beats toting and shipping pastels, even with the best of plans to prevent 'dusting'. I much prefer the look of a pastel..but even so. Thanks for your visit and nice comments.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!