Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!



It's always great to approach a 'new beginning'.   In pursuing art as a career (again), I have made "someday" - my "today".  I keep the door open. I let possibilities in.  Being an artist has its ups and downs, just like any vocation or area of interest/career/job, but if one stays passionate about their task - the sky is the limit.  I find there is a definite ART to being an artist.  I realize each day - time is of the essence. 

One of my goals for the new year is to use my time more wisely with respect to technology.  Researching is a great past time. It's the teacher/learner in me.  And although that is important to keeping my brain healthy, it doesn't get the paint on the canvas or give me that planning time I need to create more substantial pieces.

Along with that major goal are several that deal with personal health and well-being I will share with you:  continue to get out of debt, fit in fitness time, 'tame the bulge' and get organized.  Sounds all too familiar, been there, didn't necessarily DO THAT..but all the same, I have to continue trying. 

With optimism, I am hoping that this new year brings more hope and possibilities in these uncertain times for all of us. I still believe, that one can do anything they put their mind to. More diligent and concentrated focus will help to make small dreams come true. And I believe all the 'little' things can roll into a 'bigger' thing, no matter the obstacles or bends in the road. Continuing to move forward and looking to the future with an open mind will push us along.  It's easy to be critical or to blame others for the woes of our world, but each one of us has a duty to make better - what we can. 

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Those of you who are followers, those of you who check in once in awhile and those of you who just stumbled across this cyberplace...here's hoping that you find your way to better your world and find the happiness and well-being you deserve in this NEW YEAR.   Go on!!  Make it a great one!!!

4 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

Happy New Year, Pattie.

Anonymous said...

We are all works in progress, aren't we?
But then again, if we were merely satisfied with what was, life might be dreary.
(My cups and glasses never seem to be round, but hopefully they still carry or spill the liquid as needed. Love that watercolor, plus the one on the header of your home page!)

Here's to a fabulous New Year!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Tracy and Cathyann. You are right, Tract, if those glasses still carry the liquid, it's a good thing. One of those, being too close and not stepping away things. Gotta step away.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Pattie, and wishing you the best in twenty-ten!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!