Friday, May 6, 2011

Dog Portrait Commission Finished


Teddy
12" x 16"
oil on canvas
This commission is a long distance one.  Always more difficult if I haven't really seen the dog.  The photos were excellent and with emails I think we got it right.  She is a champagne colored Chow Chow. 

Being home now is a good feeling, there is so much to take care of on a farmstead.  I know my blog and my art have suffered...but I will get the paint flowing again within the next few days/weeks. 
This time away from 'always in the studio' and my lack of presence online
was absolutely necessary at this time. 

Spring has been slow to get here.  It has been dry, in fact we are considered to be in a drought.  Cellar is almost dry, haven't heard the sump pump in a very long time.  And wouldn't ya know it, they are predicting temps in the 90's Sun. into Tues. 
Time to dig out the small AC for cool night's sleeping I think.  

Mom is hanging in there.  Each day she gets a wee bit stronger.  She has a great support team!  We are all crossing our fingers that she continues her healing and feeling better than she has in a long while.

1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

An incredibly cute pup and an amazing painting! Sending good wishes to your Mom for a speedy and full recovery.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!