Saturday, May 21, 2011

An Acrylic Painting of My Dog - Herman

Herman On Patrol
6" x 12"
acrylic on wrapped canvas
This one goes around the edge..
which is a good thing because his tail was important when he was checking out the world around him.   Right now this painting is traveling around the house ~ hanging here and there ~ for a last look on any fixin that should occur. 
I started out with the canvas painted with a mixture of red oxide and burnt sienna.   I like the way it enhances the edges.
and I always forget to take 'step by steps' as I go, so here it is, already in progress.

6 comments:

Vern Schwarz said...

Pattie, this is a beautiful painting of your Herman. Love the rich vibrant greens as they relate to his strong colouring.

Wow, you guys really got hit. Storm aftermath always leaves a few shockers.

Did you get your jump drive back? MAJOR BUMMER THERE. It's always going to be the time when you least need it to happen. Thanks for the reminder...I haven't backed up any of the dozens and dozens of photos on my computer.

magicshell said...

sweet, sweet, pup!

Pattie Wall said...

Vern, thanks for your kind words! I think about painting Herman all the time. This weather is recurring - next week. Oh boy! The jumpdrive is still MIA. I even put an ad on Craigslist. Good news, I did find some of them STILL on the hardrive of my OLD laptop...so I didn't lose ALL of em. Backing up is so important altho very much at the back burner of life.

Pattie Wall said...

Jane, thanks - HE WAS a sweet, sweet pup.

suzanneberry said...

pattie, this is precious!! i love the paint strokes and the palette! so adorable and well done!

Shelley Whiting said...

The picture is full of bright and vibrant colors. The dog is very lively and beautiful. Love how you showed us your process.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!