Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Re-Engineering


Doesn't seem to matter what we get into, the major amount of time we spend on whatever we touch at our farmstead is spent on RE-ENGINEERING, due to the age of everything here and the lack of contracting knowledge, I guess. Since Saturday, we have worked many, many hours, and finally are starting to see ourselves about 1/3rd of the way or better on this re-siding project. Lots of measuring, rebuilding, with a little frustration to go along, and then G. is helping with planting and crust busting. Today, I found an inchworm...I have never seen one before, I put him on my arm and let him do his "inching" so I could look closely at him. They are interesting critters, with grabbing feet in front and grabbing feet in back and they really do 'inch' along. Reminds me of the song we used to sing and what a help it was for learning about "doubles" in math:

Inch worm, inch worm
Measuring the marigolds
Could it be, stop and see
How beautiful they are

(Chorus:)
Two and two are four
Four and four are eight
Eight and eight are sixteen
Sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two

Inchworm, inchworm
Measuring the marigolds
You and your arithmetic
You'll probably go far

(Repeat Chorus)

Inchworm, inchworm
Measuring the marigolds
Seems to me you'd stop and see
How beautiful they are

We used to try to sing it in 'rounds'. What fun! More fun in the studio this week, while G. is in the fields, I am 'craft' painting for practice and working on steadying my hand with small projects. My fine brush strokes are out of practice, but improving with each project.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!