Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where I Stand Sunday


We have had freezing temps, snow, ice, and blizzard winds.  As I literally tippy toed to and from the studio these last few days - hoping not to fall (grace as I am..I think I need a long handrail to help me move across the ice) - I noticed this anomaly that occurred probably back a few days ago when it was slushy...and then it froze solid.  It's BIG dog prints.  I remember that day.  He was happy to be out running around, until he leaped over a snowbank to flip with a thud onto his side once he hit the ice. 
And I worry about myself :)  We are at the tailend of the storm and we lost power for about 40 minutes around dark last night, just long enough to go out to get the generator from under the tarps and try to start it. 
That's something we will work on today, just in case.
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!