Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 10 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days


"Kalalau Hiking Trail, Kauai"
6" x 9"
pastel on Kitty Wallis sandpaper


I have an old friend from H.S. who gets to travel to the neatest places, all over the world.
The inspiration for this painting is from one of her photos.
I loved the peachy colored trail, it sure looks inviting to me.

Cold and rainy here today - makes me want to curl up
with my pups and watch movies tonight.

Eclectic mix of Dance/House music on the carousel today -
some of my favorites:
Deadmau5, Ferry Corsten, Morgan Page, Adam K and Soho, 
David Guetta - this is my choice of music
when I travel in the car - makes you move
right on down the road, with a smile 
on your face.

And of course, I had added entertainment from studio kittens ~
today seemed like RACE day.  They were everywhere, 
including in my pastels on the drawing table.

But it's getting easier to paint without them there constantly in my way.

2 comments:

Pointy Bird Studio - Leesa Padget said...

Beautiful Pattie, I love your composition :)

Victoria on Okinawa said...

This one is so dreamy and full of mystery! Inviting...

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!