Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 12 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Powell Nirvana"
6" x 6"
oil on canvasboard


If you have EVER been to Lake Powell on a houseboat, you know what
I am referring to.  It is (without any doubt) the perfect getaway vacation.

I have had this photo in my stack for years - finally took the plunge with it.
Needed something small because I just can't miss any of the Bronco game today!!

And I am thankful that my 'muse' cooperated.

Today's music: Patrick O'Hearn (new age)



2 comments:

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Very peaceful looking, again very inviting! Hard to believe this is only a 6x6! great perspective, has the appearance of a much larger canvas space!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Victoria - I think it would be a great one on a larger canvas - just afraid I wouldn't be able to make that mesa look like it does in this little one - easy to do with ONE brushstroke, maybe my BIGGEST brush then.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!