Sunday, February 24, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday


Yesterday, while talking to my bro on the phone, I looked out the bedroom window and watched a farm cat laying low to the ground, only to pounce on fat little grey critters and eat them. During that time, I saw two of those critters get completely devoured. Today, I went to that area to investigate. There were either mole or vole holes/tunnels all over the ground around the laterals to our septic system. Some of the little tunnels were exposed. I would imagine that at one time they were made just beneath the snow, into the surface of the ground. There is a large network of them. All that cat had to do was sit and watch whoever came out of the "door" and he had breakfast! After he was done, he took a nice long nap in the sunshine very satisfied.

Kids left this morning. It was foggy and frozen but the sun has come out and was melting the ice from the trees. I am surprised the trees live at all, the way they get frozen, then thaw, then freeze again, over and over. I guess they are tough.


This is a photo of two of my friends, Bailey (the big dog) and Chaco (like the canyon in New Mexico). They often share each other as pillows. Bunch 'o lazy dogs, once again.


Lots of scrapbooking yesterday, gotta get out to the studio and reorganize. Trying to keep up with the messes that get made out there. It's easy to just walk away and not worry about putting anything away, but then, you can go no further, until you take care of it! BTW, the 'rogue' mouse in the studio was found splailed (sp?) out on the top of the bookcase - DOA. Beware to the brave and valiant others!!

"Where I Stand Sunday" is posted weekly. It helps chronicle the "journey". Too often we take for granted where we stand and what we are involved in. Used as a "vehicle" for journaling and a glance at "human geography", I; along with several others; note this day, in this way. I invite you to check "them" out, their blog addresses are in the sidebar to the right, to compare and contrast the human events of Sunday in different parts of the country and maybe the globe! If you would like to join in (and I encourage you as it is a great writing "prompt"), please leave a comment below with your blog address and we will note it in our sidebar! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!