Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hiking Trail

Finally finished! When I lived in Conifer, Co., I used the Jefferson County Open Space for exercise/walking/hiking. It is a lovely place! You could use the trails for the ultimate climb; walk, run or mountain bike or just a casual nature walk. The Aspen trees were my favorite! I used to live only a few minutes from here. Sometimes, I would approach the trails with a little apprehension, as 'bears' were a possible threat. One time a teaching colleague set up a 'before school starts' picnic for her students and their parents, and DID see a bear. Had to greet those arriving at the base of the park, in the parking lot and turn them around. A little hairy for 2nd graders! But, yes, I miss it and it's beauty. From the top of the trails (extremely invigorating but worth it), you can sit and look down on Aspen Park.

Meyers Ranch Park Trail, Conifer, Co.
pastel on sandpaper, 14 x 19

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!