Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back Among the Workforce


My boss has her eye on the Fed Ex guy, and when he comes to pick up our packages, the others have decided to use a code - they say "poodle ears" to let her know that the Fed Ex guy is in the shipping department. I heard "Poodle Ears!" once today. Ha! It is a really fun place to work, so far, and the people are very nice and friendly. I like to hear over the intercom - "Job well done people, keep up the good work!" I have never heard that at ANY job I have ever had. I get a little time in the engraving department tomorrow. Right up my alley!
I am really enjoying this job and my body and mind are soooo tired tonight, after 9 1/2 hours!
Oh ya, tornado sirens went off here tonight as soon as I got home. So, got to eat my leftover dinner in the basement storage closet with mom and dad. The warnings lasted about 20 minutes or so, it is still raining, hours later, very hard.
Word is...the kitchen remodel is continuing without me, back at home.

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

It's good to have word of you, but the image of you having dinner in a basement storage closet wasn't great. I love hearing that work is a pleasant place to be...if tiring.
Hanging on every word... Stay safe.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!