Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Painting for Today

"Three on a Couch" - 11" x 14" oil on gessoed masonite

My three dogs are pretty good friends. You will often find them together on this loveseat, although depending on the configuration that occurs as they join the group, it sometimes doesn't work out...not enough room. Hasty Herman is the black and tan dachshund and he is 7. Chaco is the red dachshund and he is about 5, and Bailey is the Weimaraner and he is about 4. I really enjoyed painting this one, I was successful at staying "loose". The colors worked for me and I like the smooth surface to paint on.
I get a kick out of the pest control person, they call the gray dog a "Weisenheimer". I think I remember being called that once. ha!

6 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

That's a lot of dogs to scratch each head, ear, and a tummy rub. Wish i had a dog.

Susan Carlin said...

Pretty pile o' puppies ya got there, Pattie. Great painting! What surface did you use?

Pattie Wall said...

Some days Mark, I would GIVE you one!

Pattie Wall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leann said...

Yep, this one you really got it down. Wonderful.

Pattie Wall said...

Susan, it's that gessobord, I added more black gesso. It's fun to sketch it in with white charcoal - ala Karin - and there's just something about adding paint. It seems to happen easier for me than a white or lightly toned surface - some days. This was one of them.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!