Sunday, June 29, 2008

Where I Stand Sunday

Here I stand on my parent's deck over the geranium plant. Mom usually has tomato plants, but not this year, she gave up because something kept eating them. They live in suburban Shawnee, Ks., but there is still evidence of lots of wildlife around. She saw a deer in the early morning across the street, in the field, when getting the newspaper one morning. Last year I remember a marmot getting caught in the neighbors window well, animal control had to come get it out.

The job is coming to an end. Wednesday is my last day. I have really enjoyed it, and learned some interesting skills!

My daughter, her husband and my granddaughter will be here on Tuesday from Brooklyn. We will be going to our "Annual Gray Family Reunion" on Thursday in S.E. Missouri. It is always a very special time for our family to be together. I won't be able to post my next week's "Where I Stand" on that day, as I won't have internet access readily available, but will post it on Tuesday when I get home to No. Central Kansas.

What will I be doing next Sunday? Watching my granddaughter, Scarlett, while the kids go "floating" on the Current River. She is crawling and standing up with help. I can't wait to see her! I will be back online with my blogging every day - or hope to. I miss my blog neighborhood! But, it's been a special time to be with mom and dad, here in the city. We have had a memorable time together. And that extra income, will allow hubster and I to maybe take an RV trip before summer is over, or help buy some of the materials we need to finish the kitchen remodel. Thinking of Colorado mountains. I miss them!

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

It's good to get an update. Have a wonderful family reunion and return home. Can't wait to see what you paint next!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!