Saturday, January 3, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Number 3

"Gumball"
6" x 6"
oil on pine veneer

Gumball belongs to a past student and friend, Amy, 
who lives in 
eastern Colorado.  
He is a Hampshire hog..the kind that are black with the 
white band around their middle.  
Her son, Mick, named 
this little guy, who I imagine isn't so little anymore.

Last night, as I was pacing back and forth, 
wondering if UPS would
ever show up, 
I knew that if my Jerry's Artarama package arrived,
I would have a 'new lease on life' in the studio
tomorrow. Well, way past 7 PM he showed up! YAY!!

My hope came true...I was feeling pretty good with my
new 'radiant opaques' from Gamblin.
They are quite awesome!

ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASONS I SELL MY WORK
IS TO REPLENISH EXPENSIVE PAINTS, 
BRUSHES, AND CANVASES ~
so I can continue to paint!!

Leslie Saeta is hosting this challenge of 30 in 30, see sidebar for 
a place to leave here and go there.

Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

So cute! And I hear you about the supplies...I am waiting for a shipment too :)

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks for stopping by Claire - hope your shipment brings you some really fun supplies!

mary maxam said...

Love the way Gumball's hair is brushed back in your brushstrokes...perfect! And, I keep hearing about the radiants, so now i'll have to try them!

Susan Williamson said...

I love your pig and am glad to know that he's a pet!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Susan and Mary for stopping by and leaving comments!

L.Holm said...

Wonderful portraits! I love gamblin radiants, too. They are fantastic.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!