Sunday, January 18, 2015

Number 18 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Trumpeter I"
WATERCOLOR
on Arches

It's Day 18, and I needed to change up my
medium
I LOVE painting every day,
but there are tasks that
become mundane.
One of them is preparing to
paint in oil and 
then the clean-up after.

I wanted to take a break.
LOVE LOVE LOVE
watercolor..it's still
so mysterious some days.
Today it was right there for me.

These swans migrate through
the property of my aunt
and uncle's in the Ozarks
area of Missouri.

Thanks for the photo Emily!

2 comments:

Michele Clamp said...

Great that you're tackling watercolor Pattie. I like this so much! I especially like the way the swan's neck echoes the vertical of the tree in the background. It all works really well. I hope you do lots more.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Michele - I am definitely enjoying the change..paint in oils most of the time. Now that they are so comfortable, time to journey into another medium perhaps. I have always loved watercolor, but it stays so 'iffy' in the "you can correct that mistake" department - so learning as I go by trial and error.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!