Saturday, January 16, 2016

Painting 30 in 30 - Day 16/Redbird

"Redbird Highway"
9" x 12"
collage with acrylic mixed media



Bottom layer was tissue paper adhered with
gel medium, then lots of paint flinging.  I stamped
a small piece of tissue paper
with a rubber stamp I had
made of flowers, and added it on top
of the paint - hoping to
create something more of a theme or focus, 
but then a little redbird showed up
on the right edge and I decided
I saw a branch and mountains and
embellished that direction.
Some palette knife was used, and I am
getting more adept at 
'being the boss of it'.  

Didn't photograph right - but such is life
these past few days.
Redbird doesn't show up very well.

Tomorrow is another day.






4 comments:

Bobbie Powell said...

It's wonderful.

Laurie Mueller said...

Wow! This is so cool, Pattie! Dynamic and really holds the eye!

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks. Hard to do these abstract and semi-abstracts. I like control, and these feel out of control. Have a hard time letting it go, but it's teaching me some things definitely - mainly color balancing and the medium itself.

Chris Lally said...

Exciting color palette! Nice one!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!