Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Painting 30 in 30 - Day 6/Trout


"Rainbows"
10" x 20"
mixed media (watercolor, gouache and acrylic)
on wrapped canvas
(SOLD)

I have tried to 'fish' from time to time..catching only a few fish in my entire life, however,
I have been around a lot of fishing addicts who LOVE to fish so this quote seems
to make sense to me.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, 
there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
-Doug Larson

Rainbow Trout, seem to me - the most beautiful fish, if you think
a fish could be lovely.  To me, it is.
Today was a dreary day and I ended my painting about 4-ish.
Didn't realize how
dark it had become out the north window of the studio.
I rely heavily on bright sunny days
for taking my photos of my art.
I will have to take a photo of this one again
on a sunny day, as the yellows, browns
and reds
just don't show up in
my Photoshopping of it, cropping,
leveling and the stuff I normally
photo edit with.
Done!
Watercolor is the background, so before I began I had
to seal that surface with a clear gesso.
My palette for the fish was primary colors and black and white.
I intended to paint along in gouache most of the way
but then realized, once I sealed that surface,
I would lose alot of it, as gouache
is watersoluable (duh..), so that layer is painted doubly -
with acrylic.  (That's OK, as I got a great
underpainting out of it.!

I spend about an hour each day, visiting OTHER blogs and websites of
as many artists as I can that are involved in this 30 in 30.
Amazing works out there.  All you need to do is visit the sidebar link
(with the Christmas tree) and choose almost any one of the artists after 
each of Leslie's great entries, go to their sites
and enjoy...and you know what?  Artists LOVE comments on their
blogs.  It takes just a small amount of time,
but a positive snippet is always
welcomed and sometimes makes their day -
or ask them a question, most are very willing
to share their process.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!