Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Bring Me a Message of Spring"

Here are TWO paintings I did in the past 24 hours. The first one I started yesterday, didn't like the way it was going, left it on the easel and revisited it today. I MADE it come out the way I wanted. Yes, my muse is still in my favor, as far as I am concerned.
The second one, the flowers, started out real tight and realistic, until I put on some great music, danced around a little to loosen up and then the brushwork began to happen. It's amazing how just movement can affect your ability and warm you up.
In my classroom, we used to do "Brain Gym" before we tried writing. If you have never tried it, google it some time. It definitely kicks in - both sides of the brain. My dancin' around included some of the Brain Gym moves, now that I think of it. Any time you cross the right side of the body over the left - or vice versa, you are asking those synapses to fire.

"Bring Me a Spring Message" - Eastern Bluebird - 8" x 10" original oil on claybord


"Purple Coneflowers" - 6" x 8" original oil painting on canvasboard
SOLD....

1 comment:

Leann said...

Oooh, these are luscious!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!