Saturday, March 29, 2008

F.A.C. on the A.C.E.O.



Friday afternoons can be boring around here, so last night I decided to play around with some felt pens and colored pencils. If you aren't aware, ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. They are usually 2.5" x 3.5" - the same size as a sports card. Many artists make them, some sell them. I think I will try both. I chose a theme last night of Star Wars-ish women. Going that small is interesting. It's more than a sketch, it's a finished piece. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Leann said...

Very cool!! It's a great size to work, it's not such a commitment, so you can get really experimental!

n. rhodes harper said...

These are great and a fabulous idea. There is a huge subculture of artists and collectors for these cards. I like them because they are almost illustration like. You know Pattie if you could link into the star wars people you probably could sell them like mad.

Pattie said...

So, if you are into Star Wars, contact me people! See Etsy, these are listed there. :-)