Thursday, March 6, 2008

White on White - A Pastel Painting for Today


"White on White" - pastel on Ampersand pastelboard, 12" x 16"

Started this pastel yesterday. It was fun, as I set up a still life in my northlight window and I used a spotlight on the other side of it, to see different colors in the shadows and highlights. It's done on pastelboard by Ampersand. I have said it before, but I love that stuff! You can load on the pastel and after that, it still takes pastel, most regular pastel papers won't do that. Then when you tap it over the trashcan to "dust" it, very little comes off. It's ultra cool to use!!

Time to take the dogs for a walk on the north 40, it isn't so windy today and it shouldn't be too muddy!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!