Friday, March 21, 2008

Blue Sky


"Have You Ever Seen a Sky So Blue?" 9" x 12" oil painting on black gessobord

There is one thing that has happened since returning from Austin, I can't stay out of the studio. I feel like a 'paintaholic'. It makes my head spin. I need a t-shirt, "So Many Paintings, So Little Time".
Had to attend Palette Club last night and resented that I had to be torn away from the easel. Have this kitchen to remodel, taxes to do (no, we haven't done ours yet), living room to paint, some work on the land to do, but I just want to paint! I got some masonite board and gessoed them black (which is the surface I am using right now, because Karin Jurick gave us one and I loved the results!) and I have them lined up on the tables ready to go. I need to write the words to my new song "I Am Just a Painting Machine...Leave Me Alone!". Ha. Ok, now I will get a grip.
Something that came to my attention last evening as I was driving back from Osborne, Ks. to home...I drove about 23 miles without encountering another car at 9:45 P.M. That's an eerie feeling in this great big world.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!