Thursday, February 15, 2018

AT THE HALFWAY POINT - DAY 15 of Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"SQUIRREL"
NFS
11" x 9"
pastel on gatorfoam board, pumiced and underpainted

Squirrel - - - ask anyone, most will state they see them as a real pain in the ass.
They dig up bulbs, they tease the pets, they eat from the bird feeder - but as a
symbol (think about it) they are planners, observers and entertainers.
They are true treasure hunters and carry their fair amount of charm.
I love their little paws and digits.

SEE more 30 in 30 paintings 
from other artists at 

Today is the halfway point - YAY!  Although I prepped 
my reference material, so I wouldn't waste time
each day pondering what to paint.


6 comments:

Tessa said...

Pattie, your paintings are really lovely. The otter & lizard are especially gorgeous. I am trying to use more colour in my paintings, especially in those dark areas - you seem to have a handle on that. Thanks for your feedback re my day 15 painting.

Heather LeFebvre said...

I love this! Such a cute little squirrel! And the colors are beautiful.

Laurie Mueller said...

I love this little guy. There was a squirrel right outside my window yesterday. I thought about painting it, but then thought it would be too hard. I'm a chicken I guess! (mmmm....maybe I'll try a chicken!).
Also, Pattie, the horse is stunning!

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you Tessa, Heather and Laurie for visiting and leaving comments. Laurie - I would say chickens would be more difficult than a squirrel..but then again - feathers or fur?..gotta make em look right without tons of extra work. Create that illusion. And squirrels are NOT hard.

Sheila said...

So cute :)

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Sheila!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!