Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Day 13 of Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Otter"
Purchase info
6" x 6"
pastel on gatorboard (again)

Otters are symbolic of 
CREATIVITY
FLUIDITY
and
TRANSITIONS.

Right up my alley!  Due to their affinity to water
the are said to symbolize HEALING (pure and cleansing water).

The power of the otter in a spirit animal sense,
is in knowing that you have to take care of yourself FIRST
in order to BE of use to someone else.

I never knew this until I researched it this morning.
I have new respect for the OTTER, don't you?


3 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

Not quite sure what I did wrong, but my comment is gone on the lizard! I thought it was there, but I'm sure I goofed. I wanted to tell you how much I love that lizard! It's my favorite so far. And your birds here are spectacular. Now we have the pleasure of this little otter. Just wonderful, wonderful work.

Pattie Wall said...

Well thanks! I find that things go wonko on the internet more than they used to. I appreciate your comments whatever day they are written!

Sheila said...

Precious work :)

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!