Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Day 20 of Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days

"Bunneree"
5" x 7"
oil on canvasboard

Today I hit the wall - big time. My thumbs are so cracked and sore
from pastel (and no I can't wear gloves - can't hold the pastel like I want to)
so I switched to a brush.  I have spent years when all I painted in
was oil paint.  It is my old reliable friend...but wait, I haven't used them
in forever.  And today it was 'wipe it off' and restart twice before
I got something going and I still don't like it.  One thing
I will admit, you just can't get the pop of color from 
oil paint like you can pastel!

Anyway, lesson learned.  Cold turkey with an old friend doesn't
always work.

Bad photo to boot - because it is almost dark outside and paint shined - 
colors don't read right.

Anyway enough of my rant.
Rabbit symbolizes fertility, sentiment, desire and
procreation.  Boy - do they procreate.

Also represents SPRING - sometime it will come.
Here in the high country probably not as soon as the rest of the world.

But bring it on, with lots of spring showers! 


3 comments:

Sheila said...

Really love this :)

Laurie Mueller said...

Badger is cool! And this one- I am especially drawn to the warm brushstrokes in the foreground, and of course his character in general! Nice! You are inspiring me to try pastel one day. Sounds like you really love it.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Sheila and Laurie!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!