Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 17 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days

pastel on azo gold tinted and pumiced gatorboard

King of the Jungle - right?  The Lion King!
Perhaps the top wild animal who has
symbolic meaning to
so many cultures.

Powerful, courageous, noble, supreme strength, leader,
fearless and brave - these all tell the story of LION.

I don't know if it's because I am really pushing hard to try solidify a few things
in what I am doing and the colors I am using or ??  But these
are getting more difficult.  When I think of the decisions that I make
when I do a painting right now- WOW!  By the end of it, my mind is whirling
and I really have to force myself to say, "That's enough."





2 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

The lion AND the bear are both striking. I think we are all probably getting a little tired! But don't be hard on yourself-I have "noodled" around too much millions of times, too, but in your case, with the lion, the background DOES look fresh. They are so beautifully done, Pattie.

Pattie Wall said...

Perhaps it is tiredness..along with the pleasure of painting everyday we are still 'moving in' - people can't believe it, but we had and have a ton of stuff to deal with, we are at that point in our lives that we should be downsizing and with the move-in situation as it was, have had NO time to do that..so it's a big stretch each day to deal with that one (at least for me it is) - DH not so much so. I am an arts and crafts, sewing/yarn materials hoarder - ha ha

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!