Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sidetracked Again!


Well, as I said yesterday, I had good intentions of continuing on with (maybe) stained glass, but a lazy morning sitting in front of the TV, changed all that. I always have my knitting sitting on the kitchen table lately, and it got the best of me. I have seven more little blocks of garter stitch to finish, so I can then put together a patchwork garter stitch baby quilt.

You see it all started when my daughter shared her exciting preggo news, one year ago in January. At the time, we didn't know if it was girl or boy, so grandma got some appropriate colors for the quilt. It's a sage green, a creamy yellow and a varigated bunch of "circus" wild color to compliment.

I can't believe I am almost to the assembly part. Go figure, it took me over a year to finish about 60 little squares. But hey! I am on a roll!!

Stay tuned for finished product. Hope that doesn't take another year! I really would like to get on with some new projects and new colors of yarn. My granddaughter, Scarlett, should appreciate this quilt some day! Hope she isn't a teenager before I get it done!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!