Monday, May 19, 2008

Iris


"Iris" - 6" x 8" oil on canvasboard
It seems to me this subject is overdone, though I have never tried to paint one, until yesterday. My friend let me use a wonderful photo he took. They aren't as easy as they look. I tried to stay loose and painterly and was unable to capture the translucent appearance of some of the petals. Lots of my colors seemed muddy as I completed it. I think if I don't stay with it, I take a few back steps, especially with oil painting, and this last week I was summoned to work on the necessities in life. Stay tuned for tomorrow's painting.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Wow, is this beautiful. For some reason my computer will not let me email you, the powers that be are working on it. Meantime, congrats on one year of blogging!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!