Saturday, May 3, 2008

Oil Portrait and Where I Stand....

Because it's so relevant and it's where I will be tomorrow, I am including my "Where I Stand Sunday" - only the photo was taken today(Saturday) and it will look the same tomorrow. I stand in my kitchen - painting stuff brought in from the studio, and I am spread out on the kitchen table. Here I can stay all night if I want to. I think I am on a roll.

I copied a photograph of my daughter Jessica, and wanted it to be the first one I attempted when I returned from NYC. It was tricky, I am used to painting with larger brushes now, my hand isn't as steady as it used to be and I am just more "painterly" in my approach. So, I probably redid the eye about 5 times, before I was satisfied with it.

"Last Chance Hair" - 12" x 12" oil on canvas

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

What a great design for the portrait of your daughter, Pattie! It's so bold and colorful. I love that you cropped in so close, too.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!