Sunday, November 4, 2012

Being Grateful..Where I Stand Today...

Boot off...ankle brace taking it's place, one crutch - replacing two.
Outside of some soreness and aching, everything is moving along.
Now all I need is some intensified PT to get it back strong again.

What I am thankful for today...

my dad and my brother.  This photo is from Dad's 87th birthday a couple of weeks ago.  We have lots of fun together...always have.  I decided I was not going for those stiff poses we get into sometimes. This one is US, goofy and having a good time.  (I used an iPad app called 'Mobile Monet' to tweak it some for even more fun.)  

My brother and my dad are so much alike..so kind and thoughtful, giving and easy going - so admired and well-liked by others.   Since my mom passed away, they are together about every other day - more chances for one rubbing off on the other. They support whatever efforts or advances I am attempting to make, they are my cheerleaders.  I am fortunate to have them both in my life.   
I love them so much and spending time with them is priceless!
We are molded from the 'same clay' and that's what I am thankful for!

Last week, I was missing doing art, so I 'recliner sketched'.  Yesterday I was able to 'kitchen table' sketch.  Today, I will be going out to the studio and hopping right back into something I was beginning...and also stepping next door to see if I can lend a pair of eyes and light nudge to helping out a motor back in the VW Westie.  I feel like life hasn't skipped a beat.  Even walking a little without the crutch today.  It is amazingly different and easier to do...hope it continues to improve very quickly!





Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing.
Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on.
There are several others who also write this on Sunday, see sidebar.

Don't forget to take a peak in at my ETSY shop...HERE!



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!