Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful for the Camera as an Artist's Tool

Ever since the ancient Chinese and Greeks used a pinhole or a lens to compose a scene, the camera has been an irreplaceable tool for 'seeing' and 'recording'.  I would be lost without this unbelievable invention.
 I cherish my cameras as I would a fine piece of jewelry or rich artifact.  I use them EVERY day, to assist me in my art, to record, to catalogue, and to journal with images. When I take inventory, I have two Nikon SLR digital camera and one Sony, a little Flip video camera a camera on my iPad and a camera on my Samsung phone.   Amongst them all, I have a way to capture every memory I need.  

Gone are my days of diligent 'scrapbooking' because doing art has taken over that time slot.  I have a glut of images, saved to CD and on large-storage hard drives.  What will become of them all someday, when I am gone?  

I am a culprit at saying, "Someday - when I have extra time, I will do that."  

(I have literally tons of other things I always meant to use and DO something with but oh well...so many well intended projects, so little time.  Has that happened to you?) 

Hmm...at this rate, there will be NO extra time...as I intend to paint until they have to pry the brush from my clutched fingers while I sit in my wheelchair.

In the meantime, I am grateful for my CAMERAS.  

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!