Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 19 on Being Thankful and Where I Stand Sunday

Standing isn't as comfortable as it was a few days ago, guess I have to take the good days with the NOT so good days. However, I am standing with two of my favorites in the world..my dogs, Chaco (red Dachshund) 
and Bailey (gray Weimaraner).
On chilly, breezy days, they have the enclosed back porch to be in.  Bailey loves the extra warmth when the sun heats up the area.  
I don't know what I would do without my dogs.  I love them dearly..they entertain, keep us company, and are just the thing that complete our everyday living.  They are good alarms and alarm clocks.  
They love to snuggle...like lots of attention (what pet doesn't?).  
 I am thankful that we have them and life affords us the opportunity to care for them and love them the way we do.
Today I have finished a commission and I am going to post it, as the recipient would never visit here and see it.  

"The Pike"
9" x 12"
acrylic on black gessoboard
(Everything is on approval - still needs some work.)
I had to put this one together from several different photos, but that was the really fun part.  Paying attention to the size and characteristics of that big Pike, getting the likeness of the face going - creating a sort of smile...and paying attention to the stature of that someone holding 
a giant fish of that size was key. 
I painted that one...

because I painted this one before.
Would have loved a photo that was baked in sunlight the way this one was, 
but you take what you are given...and do what you can.  
The paintings are very different in every way.
These guys like to go on Canadian fishing trips.




No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!