Sunday, June 24, 2007

I Always Thought...


I have friends who have retired from teaching before me and when I would meet with them, or hear about them, they would always say, "I've never been as busy, as I am retired!" Ya right, I would think. I know what they meant now. I have been busier this past year than I have been in years. Maybe it is because we like to do things ourselves, and now we have time to do that. We have a lot of work to do on fixing all the things destroyed by the recent bad weather. Add to that, the remodeling we are doing and there is a ton of stuff to do. My dad always says, you have the rest of your life to do them, but I want to get to my art. So I will steal a little here and a little there and hopefully not be too tired to paint or draw. This blog was supposed to be about my art, each day I intend to get to it, but like today; things like getting the RV ready for a trip and digging up the drain in the cellar to get the water to drain into the sump area better was on the agenda. We also have had to wet vac the water out of the cellar, about 30 gallons per day to keep it from flooding. It's just these little things, which if left unchecked turn into bigger things. The water table must be way up, or we have a "spring" under the house that becomes more active in wet conditions. G is busy with "harvest" work. Had to chase a little baby rabbit out of the "fenced in" garden, what is left of it, and as I walked back to the house, I count 6 more. We are being overtaken by them. Dogs are lovin' it! PS. While I am waiting to finish what is on the easel, I will post a sketch done in graphite and colored pencil.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!