Sunday, April 12, 2009

Where I Stood

treebricks

dressupcherrytree elmtreebricks

This is my outdoor project. I am recycling the bricks we took out of our house from the 100+ year old chimney, so they need the mortar chipped off of them. That pile is on the bottom right. The cherry tree is already done, bottom left. I have the elm tree to finish with fabric, mulch and bark like the cherry tree. The trees around here haven’t had much TLC in their lives. In fact, the elm has a chain from a long ago swing embedded in it’s trunk near the bottom. Trimming the younger trees in the Fall I found that many were so misshapen and many branches had sort of grafted into one another – poor things. So this is my little touch of landscaping and a reaching out to my trees in a place that hasn’t seen that – ever. It’s also been a way to call to Spring, so it will maybe get here quicker. Or you could call me a “tree hugger” (if you want). It is drizzling today.

H A P P Y E A S T E R

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!