Sunday, September 27, 2009

Where I Stand Sunday


Just about every morning lately, we have to check the driveway out in back of the house, to see who goes there, as the dogs go absolutely crazy when these visitors are nearby and I am not one to alarm wildlife, if it can be helped.




These are taken through the screen on the kitchen window and the fence in the dogyard.  I am working on getting closer to them, which probably isn't good for their protection...they get used to humans and they are then closer to the hunter.  For whatever good it does, I have "No Hunting" signs posted on our land. We have really enjoyed watching all 19 of them everyday - growing up and making their way through our property and on to the next two farms and back again.  I wish there wasn't anything called "hunting season" as they will be easy pickens come Oct. 1.  And it just seems so pointless to sit a watch them every day and then one day, BOOM, be able to take their live's away.  We aren't hunters but I am such a hypocrite...and here's why...I have to admit, there isn't anything
more tasty than deep fried wild turkey hors d'oeuvres at
 Aunt Jane and Uncle Ray's, it's just that "I" won't ever provide that 'offer'. 
Would I rather eat them or look at them? - definitely LOOK!
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.

4 comments:

Leann said...

They remind me of librarians. They are posing for you, you will need to paint them.

Pattie Wall said...

Hmm...librarians....I wonder what she is thinking?

Mark Bridges said...

Maybe librarians wore black ruffle collars. These guys are cool with their eyes all bugged out. I'd still put out cracked corn for them.

Ellen Burkett said...

How amazing to see those birds so close to your house! I would be so thrilled. And I agree...let them be free and thrive. Too wonderful!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!