Sunday, November 15, 2009

Where I Stood...


Been to the Dane Hansen Museum in Logan, Kansas, probably four times. Passed by this interesting bit of history all 4, but this time, noticed it.  I have been nearby for several plantings of time capsules - especially working in schools. Makes me think of the capsule my daughter and I created back in the late 70's by adding items, photos, names to a jar and placing it in the wall of the unfinished basement we were beginning to finish.  I wonder if it's still there?  I wonder if anyone remodeled and found it?

I won't be around for the opening of this one. You neither, huh? Just thinking of how fast our world changes as we bound forward into the future it will, for sure, be a treat for someone.

A 4 day workshop with Kaye Franklin was just perfect - got a lot of painting done and watched some incredible demos!  I seem to take one from Kaye, each year for the last 3 (that doesn't count going to Guatemala with her).  The other big 'plus' to workshops - whatever genre the workshop pertains to,  you come away with more wondering and knowing than when you went into it.  I come away with some new thinking each time. Touching base with old friends and meeting new ones is also a plus, especially for where I am living. 

Stacy, who lives in Logan has spent the last several months, cleaning out, fixing/refurbishing the upstairs over the City Offices to make a gallery/studio. We visited it, it's almost ready for her to begin really enjoying the hard work she has put into it.

I love the high ceilings, and the new track lighting. She also has new heat, AC and fresh plumbing.  The other nice thing was seeing her storage closet.  I want one like that...but I will take what I see and maybe we can tweak mine - please.



1 comment:

Leann said...

I'll be in my early 120's, ya never know, I might meet ya there!
Sound like Kaye Franklin is an amazing teacher, what a find!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!