Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where I Stand Sunday


When I first had exposure to computers was in the late 1980's. I was asked to facilitate an elementary school computer lab, as a para-professional.  I helped instruct kids (and teachers :-)) in the Terapin Turtle environment of Apple. The lab had the newest - Apple II E - I thought I had died and gone to heaven!
My home computer was a Commodore 64 and yes, my favorite game was (and perhaps still is) Galaga  (thanks for reminding me Jess).  We even had PONG!
Wild, when you think about how far we've come (baby).
I am still learning to take nothing for granted -
using a computer today can be full of fun as well as addicting
when it comes to connecting with others,
playing games, learning, or keeping up friends and family -  
with a world so full of information -
but I DO use it as a tool for my career. 
It's similar to the same use as a paintbrush, a canvas, a pencil -
not to mention an idea, an inspiration, an encouragment.
I believe the most important use for me has been
it has brought me closer to people whom I would not have known, otherwise -
my artist friends and acquaintances - who are near and dear to me.
They help inspire me, drive me, critique me, nudge me..
they are my rock.
I can't imagine a life without the ability to make contact
with those so dear to making me a better artist,  thinker, and imaginer -
not ignoring the chance and honor to share back in the same.
What an exchange! Thanks to those - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
Where I Stand Sunday is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. If you'd like to join me by posting a photo on Sunday of places you've been on your blog/photo hosting site/website, leave a comment on this post telling me where I can find you/your photo and I'll add a link to my sidebar so others can find you.

1 comment:

Ellen Burkett said...

My sentiments exactly! :o)

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!