Sunday, December 4, 2011

While on a Finca

"Lake at Los Tarrales Reserve, Guatemala"
6" x 8"
oil on Raymar canvasboard
Revisiting my photos from my Guatemala trip a few years back, as I knew there were some 'water' photos, and sure enough there were.  During our travels around Guatemala, we stayed on a coffee plantation/finca called Los Tarrales.  Lovely place!  Rainy on this day...I made the sky a little bluer, it was very gray.
You can read more about Los Tarrales here

The photo of this work isn't coming out right today/Sunday.  I use natural light to illuminate the surface..but with the snow outside, there is this bright blinding light coming in through the window.  I will go out later to the studio to put it in the place I normally use to photograph my work on the north wall at the big easel. 

Sometimes, I prop the canvas up in the tailgate area of my car in the garage - but right now, I would still get this crazy blinding whiteout kind of light.  This is a first experience with considering the snowlight when photographing artwork. 
It surprises me, but I totally get it.

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!