Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Pastel of Sunflowers

"Illumine"
9 x 12
pastel on Art Spectrum

Both my daughter and step-daughter are
 'floral designers'.
This pastel is done from a photo that my step-daughter shared with me.
She recently relocated from Denver to Boston
and bought these pretty sunflowers to help begin furnishing and decorating her flat in Boston -
looks as though it would feel pretty good with these 'big guys' smiling on the windowsill.
I like the feel of the Art Spectrum paper which I mounted on a piece of matboard.  

2 comments:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Really cool, Pattie. I can feel your enthusiasm for the subject matter in this airy, vibrant piece.

Pattie Wall said...

Thank u Camille!! Haven't heard from you in a long time...nice to know you are still out there!!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!