Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cattle Drive in Pastel


"Safe Passage"
11" x 12"
pastel on Art Spectrum


In between this one and the ravens there was a large 
18" x 24" painting
that I spent days and days on - 
only to leave it - some just don't make it.
It didn't - but glad this one did!

It was tricky making that horse back leg look like it's in movement, but
I think I did it. 

This was done from a photo of the Stock Show
Parade in Denver..borrowed from a friend, but I took out
the other cowboys, and the city buildings - added a prairie
background..and removed some of the cattle.
There was such a jumble of them, I got lost on all
those legs...and made this a 'cattle drive' on the 
prairie instead.

I won't be blogging tomorrow I don't think, so Happy Valentines Day
one day early!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!