Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An Acrylic Work in Progress

(iPad photo) There are many 'streaming' sites this spring with cameras aimed 
at mating pairs of eagles and their nests.
Pittsburgh, Berry College in Georgia, 
and Davenport/Alcoa, Iowa to name a few.  
I like to join in the viewing at the Decorah Eagles webcam in Iowa -
 they just had some hatchlings arrive.  You can view them HERE.

Today I started this acrylic painting of a pair of eagles tending to their nest
way up in the tree from several years ago.
Again, it has been in the to-do pile forever.
Finally found some inspiration - and know that - you too, can find
new inspiration just by changing your medium from time to time.

I usually find acrylics frustrating and I am not sure why because there
couldn't be any more vibrant color coming out of those tubes.  I have
recently dove into many books and blog pages of acrylic pros
and found a new way to look at it. Anyway, I am OK with acrylics, 
as long as it continues to work out.
I think my MUSE was with me today.

Check back in a few days for the finished painting,
and as always thanks for visiting!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!