Friday, May 6, 2016

A Pastel of a Cat

"George"
(edited)
6" x 8"
pastel on Gatorfoam board

I did this painting in my Rita Kirkman class a few weeks back.
   This one is of a special cat who belonged to my
online friend Danni. She has a great blog
You should visit it.  I love where she lives (in Oregon)
and the antics of all her critters on her farm.

George was a stray - who lived with her for awhile and then
met with an untimely death (3 years ago).

I have always admired the photo I used for this portrait.
I also needed to reference the photo one more time and work
a little on the post he is sitting on, it didn't read right, but
I think it does now.

This painting is on it's way to Danni next week.
Thanks again Danni!

No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!