Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Leader of the Pack


At the end of the last post, I was trying out some faces for a future piece
to go with the story Little Red Riding Hood that has been done in the online course
I am taking "Ever After".  I envisioned Red as being a great wildlife enthusiast, calming and catching the wolf to lead him off down a different path.  I know, one shouldn't mess with Mother Nature, but 
think of all the Grandma's that were saved!!?

This one measures 11" x 14" and is done on Canson bristol (my first time trying this product).  I was surprised as with all the layers of marker, paint and pencil, it did not buckle.  Yay!
  

  

2 comments:

Leora Platte said...

Brilliant work in concept as well as design and color. I've got an 11x14 Bristol board ready to do a tribute to a retiring charitable fund director; a commission project that I receive every year this particular Board has someone rotate off. The Bristol board has always been my friend. I'm a Nebraska artist working on cleanup of a family estate in Kansas and got linked with the KS drawing group at an art opening in Salina for Harley Elliott.

Pattie Wall said...

Thank you for stopping by Leora. I am glad you like Bristol. I am going to give it some more chances here in the near future. It is sure less expensive than other paper substrates. Sounds like you are a busy artist! Good luck on your commission!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!