Thursday, November 16, 2017

Almost There

I have been thinking alot about this blog and whether or not I will keep it going.
For now, "the blog gods won".
We are in Westcliffe - much of the time these days.  I have a new motto -
A TEST OF STAMINA!  
We have been literally knocking ourselves out 
as we MOVE OURSELVES back to Colorado - no help,
just us and our vehicles and a couple of trailers.  
Been so busy getting a studio space ready - among many other
unexpected glitches and roadblocks but all the
while it's worth keeping our 'eye on the prize'.
We wanted so badly to make this move for a very
long time now.
Soon, I will move my myriad of supplies and tools here and begin using them 
again.  I have also been thinking about 'why I paint'.  I have come to realize
that more then anything, it's about the PROCESS of painting...
the ups and downs and thinking that goes into what I am trying to express
and how I am saying it - what mood, what emotion, what color, what feeling?
I am ready to crank it up and get going again. 
It may happen around the first of 2018 - if plans go accordingly.

If you have been checking in, thanks.  I will be back soon.


3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Good to see you, if only for a brief moment, Pattie! Safe travels!!
(Please don't give up on your blog...)

Unknown said...

Awesome! So looking forward to future posts of your paintings, your new studio and life in your new location! So good to see you will continue posting on your blog too.

Pattie Wall said...

Thanks Chris and Victoria - it's something I look forward to, as it is a familiar activity amongst all this change.

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!