Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Preparing for 30 in 30 with a Theme for 2018

After much brainstorming, dreaming and sleeping on it, thinking while traveling - 
the jury has made it's decision - (BTW, that's only a ''Jury of One").  

My theme for this year's Painting 30 Paintings in 30 Days will be 
"Wildlife Symbols That Define Us" .  
By us - I mean ALL of us.  

My paintings will be of familiar animals/creatures that are found in dreams, symbols, totems, and symbolism.  What brought this idea to my mind is the weekly, if not daily, concern I have for the future of our planet and most apparently how our leadership is allowing 'safety', 'preservation', 'conservation'  of our wild resources to fall away from any watchful group or agency and deteriorate or disappear for future generations.   

The medium and substrate I will use is still undecided as I have SOME materials available 
since moving, however, not all.  Many are still packed away in an enclosed trailer.
It sort of depends on how soon the studio gets near completion, whether or not I have
heat in that space. It's not super cold in my area of Colorado yet,
but I can only imagine that it will be soon.

So, stay tuned.  The '30 in 30' for 2018 hosted by Leslie Saeta will begin
Feb. 1st.  In the meantime, I am out in that studio space, helping DH get it
as close as we can to that deadline.  Either way, I will be painting.


3 comments:

Laurie Mueller said...

YAY! I’ll be watching!

Chris Lally said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work, Pattie! Love your theme.

Pattie Wall said...

I usually DO animals, but painting what I love is what I have to do - thanks Laurie and Chris!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!