Thursday, September 6, 2018

Wild Things Reception

Last week was the Art Reception for the 'Wild Things' show at the 3rd Street Gallery in Westcliffe, Co.  My first event with them.  Fun, and music and laid back conversation - interesting crowd!  Love it!

At the end of this month is the Alla Prima Westcliffe - plein air event.
Four days of painting on location - out doors.
I am signed up and getting the rust out of the paints and pastels
so I can be ready to participate!
Should be fun and exciting!
Praying the weather stays calm.

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Laid back - my kind of reception. Looks like you had a good turnout!
I'm hoping for great weather for the paint-out. And I know you probably don't care about awards, but I hope you win Best of Show! I love your work, Pattie! Take some photos, please. :]

Pattie Wall said...

Oh thank you Chris! I am not into it for awards, I just want to step back into the world of painting with a little more confidence...can't believe my 'oil muse' has taken a vacation. I know the 'pastel goddess' is still around..so when the time comes we shall see who wins the race on usage. Every day lately, it rains in early afternoon..means I need to get cracking very early. So, layers of clothing and good socks will be on order! Will take lots of photos! It will be a whirlwind 7 days!

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!