Friday, April 17, 2020

More Learning Curve, Self Critique



The redhead is finished.  Had to 'wet' out and redo her eyes, I didn't like their placement on the work.
Now, they look not symmetrical and the right eye seems misplaced to me, but it's practice.  Laying my work flat on the drawing table, puts the perspective OFF.  Oh well.


  I struggled with another watercolor piece for yesterday of a child. Children have always
been difficult to paint or draw me, I understand the differences in their anatomy
and facial features from adults...and until now,
 I was unable to portray it very well. The Patreon demos have really helped, as Ali paints 
children alot.  I'm getting a handle on the surface.  In fact, this piece of 
Aquabord had a failure from last weekend on it.  I 'wetted' and scrubbed it out, coated it with
Gesso, and voila, had a new surface to work on.  The Gesso acted much 
differently than the Aquabord surface, but I liked the outcome.
I have 4 more 6" x 6" boards, BUT there should be some new and bigger
ones in the mail at the Post Office.

Just have to mask up and get into town.

Stay safe, I feel this isn't over people.




No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!