Wednesday, April 7, 2021

First Layer of Commission Portrait(s)

 



First layer (very rough) almost there - working on the likeness and playing with the sizes and those crazy striped cats on the right - they were sisters.
The cats are bigger than normal in my painting - but having much smaller faces in this composition
just didn't do it for me. Using acrylic paint on 20" x 30" canvas.
Seven LOVING souls - I can feel their specialness, each one. Some or maybe 
one is still here, the rest have passed.
(My easel is backed up to a window, that is the light
shining through the unpainted canvas.)
Decision, decisions, always in the works - what to do with the background when I get there?



No comments:

More NEW art pieces

  Lukki - watercolor 9" x 12" acrylic done from Unsplash ph ref, thanks C Deluvio!